We saved Nucca from a ‘killing station’ in Almeria, then while in foster awaiting travel, she tested positive for leish, which meant she had a long stay ahead of her in Spain while being treated. Nucca has tested negative for several months now and we have been looking forward to finally bringing her to us, but today we received news from her foster mom that she does not want her to leave, that she wants to adopt Nucca–she has fallen in love with her, plus she feels that Nucca is very happy there. We respect her opinion and it makes sense to us, after all she’s been through. After some discussion with the foster mom and the original rescue contact in Spain, we agreed that this is the healthiest scenario for Nucca, since she’s been there long enough to establish herself as part of the household, and has healed well there. There is no point in pulling her out of a home she feels is hers. She’s happy, her foster mom is happy — and we are very happy for them. The foster mom will do her adoption paperwork through the Almeria group since Nucca’s documents are still in Spain.
Update: Nucca was reported lost shortly thereafter. She may have been being offered for adoption as “Betty” before her reported loss. If anyone has information, please contact us. She was fostered, living, and supposed to have been adopted through Almeria perrera, in the Cadiz region.